Last Updated: May 29, 2019
We have recently updated our policies and we are in the process of translating it into several languages. If you do not have an appropriate language option and you have any questions please contact us via the methods described below.
If you reside in the EEA then the company that is responsible for your personal information is our Irish affiliate IAC Search and Media Europe Limited (SAM EU).
If you reside outside of the EEA then the company that is responsible for your personal information is veinternet.
We provide you with a range of services, including websites, browser extensions and search applications. All of these are designed to help you manage your browsing experience in a more customizable fashion. We provide further detail below about the AW Services.
The Search Applications provide features to facilitate Internet search services while using the AW Products. This search functionality may be implemented through browser settings and extensions. These set your browser homepage, start page, new tab page and/or default search setting(s), depending on which AW Product you are using and what options you select. We may provide you a way to decline or opt-out of the setting(s) change by unchecking the appropriate checkbox during the download and installation process for the relevant AW Product that provides access to the Search Applications
The AW Products are browser extensions and websites that we offer to you. The extensions can be downloaded onto your browser and offer a range of functions, including allowing you to manage and convert your documents, managing your calendar and providing you access to other functionality across the internet. Some of these AW Products, such as Chrome new tab products, may be available through the online store operated by the browser developer (e.g., the Chrome web store) and the user disclosures and options may vary based on the store�s requirements.
The search features (and other features such as maps, local radio and document management), may be customized by you on your device. In addition, you may be able to disable or remove the default search features by removing or disabling the applicable extension you downloaded or changing your default search within your browser. This will depend on your browser and its relevant features. Click here to go to our support page.
We may collect information from you in a variety of different ways. This is information that may identify you, and anonymous information, such as the number of your page views, link clicks, and login times. Your information may be kept in an identifiable format, or in an aggregate format which means that you cannot reasonably be identified from it. We provide further detail on the type of info we collect, and how we collect it, below:
1. Information You Provide To Us. We may collect and store any information you provide when using the AW Services or that you provide in some other manner. This information may include information such as:
2. Automatically Captured Information. We automatically collect information from your computer and/or device when you use the AW Services. This allows us to assess how you have used the AW Services, the device you have used them on and helps us to analyse how we can optimize the AW Services for you in the future. This information may include:
3. Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons, cookies and other similar technologies, to track your use of the AW Services (see our cookies policy). Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of sites. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer as part of the AW Services for our users.
4. Third-Parties And Behavioral Advertising.
Third Parties:We may receive information from third-parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC affiliates, advertising companies, and ad networks. These third parties may display ads via the AW Services.These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with these advertisements. (To learn more about cookies generally, please go to our Cookies policy.)We may also use this information to better understand you and your interests. This will allow us to improve and customize the AW Services.
Please note, some of these third-party advertising companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, or the Digital Advertising Alliance, each of which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies.
Behavioral Advertising. We work with various companies (such as advertisers, ad networks and data management platforms) to tailor online ads that you see elsewhere on the internet, including through behavioral advertising designed to target users� interests and deliver more relevant advertising.
To provide such ads, these third parties may collect and/or we may disclose to these third parties a unique ID that may be associated with your device�s platform or a device/internet browser combination
We or these third parties may collect the following information (and similar information):
Our Privacy Centre gives you the option to opt out of receiving personalized ads on the AW Services, but if you want to learn more about online behavioral advertising and how to opt out in general then please go to www.aboutads.info/choices, www.networkadvertising.org and/or www.youronlinechoices.com. Please note, if you do not allow us to collect information from you it may result in you being unable to use certain features of the AW Services including purchase products or services and participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes. Please see our Cookies policy for further information about our use of these technologies and how you can opt out of cookies
5. Mobile:Please note that you cannot opt-out of ads on mobile apps via the site listed above. However, your mobile devices may offer settings that enable users to limit how mobile device ad tracking occurs, using unique device identifiers such as the Apple IDFA and Google Android Advertising ID. Some information about those settings may be reviewed for Apple here and for Android here.
6. Do not track signals. AW Services systems are not configured to respond to Web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
We may use information that we collect about you to:
We share your information with others as indicated below:
1. Authorized service providers: We may share your information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include:
These service providers may have access to information, which is needed to perform their functions and provide you with the AW Services.
2.Advertisers and Ad Networks: As described above advertisers and ad networks, and other third parties may collect information themselves from the AW Services (or we may provide them with the information described above) for purposes of delivering relevant ads. This assists us in in advertising our services and also providing you with relevant ads based on your browsing interests.
3. Business partners: When you engage in promotions offered through the AW Services, we may share information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
4. Share with a friend/product specific features. We share information with your friends where you use the "share with the friend functionality" on some of our AW Services (for example you can use MyFunCards to send a customized e-card to your friends).
5. Other Situations. We may disclose your information (i) in good faith compliance with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, (ii) in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; (iii) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; (iv) to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; (v) to enforce our AW Services terms and conditions or other agreements or policies; and (vi) in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business or the AW Services (or a majority of the assets of either), a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. In addition, we may share aggregated information we collect, under any of the above circumstances, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Information we collect, or permit third parties to collect may be transferred to, stored and processed outside your country of residence in any country or territory where one or more of our affiliated group companies, third party service providers or advertising companies or advertising networks are located or maintain facilities, including but not limited to the United States and Ireland.
Depending on your location you may have some or all of the following rights in relation to how we use your information:
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your information, please write to us at the address listed below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on the rights and freedoms of another person.
The security and confidentiality of you information is very important to us, thus we take certain security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Please know that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the AW Services. You agree not to transfer your user name or password, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the AW Services, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all activity that occurs in connection with your user name or password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your user name or password or any other breach of security related to your account or the AW Services, and to ensure that you log off/exit from your account (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
For our EEA users, our Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring your rights are respected and to review and oversee how we collect and use your personal information. They can be reached by contacting [email protected]
Our AW Services are intended for general audiences over the age of 13 years old (or over the age of 16 if you are resident in the EEA). We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 years old, or 16 in the EEA. If you are not over 13 years old (or 16 years old in the EEA) then DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE AW SERVICES
Under the California Shine The Light law, California residents may opt-out of the disclosure of information to third parties for direct marketing purposes (as those concepts are defined in that law) However, we do not currently engage in the type of sharing covered by that law.
©2021 V Interactive Network, Inc.® All rights reserved.